Senior Backend Engineer
- Designing and implementing scalable and robust backend systems and APIs
- Collaborate closely with frontend engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders to define and deliver high-quality features
- Optimizing performance and scalability of backend services
- Identifying and resolving technical issues and bugs
- Conducting code reviews and providing constructive feedback to team members
- Mentoring and guiding junior engineers in best practices and technical skills
- Significant professional experience as a backend engineer, with a focus on designing and building scalable systems
- Experience with relational databases, including writing migrations and queries in SQL
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status updates
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
- Experience working in a startup environment. Pre-Series A experience is highly preferred.
- Experience building, scaling, and migrating Postgres databases in distributed environments.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Flexible work hours and remote work options
About Staffing Engine
Staffing Engine’s award-winning AI enables staffing firms to increase productivity, operate 24/7, and accelerate growth. We're passionate about building products that enable our customers in the staffing industry to leverage AI in a safe and focused way and we are looking for a talented Senior Backend Engineer to join our dynamic team. As an early employee, you’ll have a major influence on the company’s growth trajectory. If you are searching for an opportunity where you can be part of a small and agile team where every project has an impact on our success, then this is the place for you.